Friday, September 04, 2009

Excuses and a pledge ...

Occasionally I drift by and muse at how long it has been since I last posted anything on this blog. I often feel like posting my thoughts on various issues but when it comes to taking the time to draft a post I usually give up. Tonight is one of those nights .... but the issue that is consuming me at the moment is WHY do I have such a hard time talking about my opinions here?

I think partly it's because I have seen others state views like my own in a MUCH more concise terms that I can not even begin to hope that I could improve upon ... so why bother. Another reason is that, some days it just seems too controversial, in your face to put my views about religion out there. I don't usually actively seek out controversy preferring the easy way out for the most part even tho I am very passionate about my atheism in private company. The truth is, no matter how I try and sugar coat the issue, it is virtually impossible for me to discuss atheism without pretty much totally trashing those who hold an opposing view. I am not generally comfortable doing this, especially when a lot of believing folks are really rather nice people in person, which leads to me eventually hitting the *delete* button whenever I try and post something here regarding atheism.

Needless to say that sort of puts my moniker to shame so I am going to bite the bullet as it were and voice my opinions here in as coherent a manner as I can and we'll see where it leads. It isn't my intent to deliberately insult anyone here but unfortunately as soon as I start talking about my views on religion, I will, so be warned and if you are able, try not to take my opinions TOO personally. I don't mean to be rude, it's just I hold my views as strongly as you may hold yours and if you are the religious sort there is sure to be a lot of fireworks.

IA

No comments: