Thursday, September 17, 2009

Racial bigotry and the need to speak up against it

I have been watching the public discourse south of the border with a great deal of misgiving lately. What is increasingly concerning me is the level of hate and racism directed toward President Obama and the democrats. A level of hate and intolerance that is escalating in volume and viciousness by the day. It is getting so bad that I cannot help but fear for the future of their country and by proxy my own, since what percolates to the south, sooner or later gets usurped by the radicals in here in Canada. I don't want that to happen.

To that end I saw a very nice clip on "Countdown", Keith Olbermann's show the other day that I think deserves to be replayed ... and often. So I am adding my voice to the choir. I am embedding it below even tho my little blog doesn't have the impact that some do. If even one person stumbles upon my humble home on the web, I really really hope they will take the time to watch it and think about the discussion that begins at the 3:00 minute mark in particular. It matters ... and if you believe, as I do, that we can no longer stand by and allow the type of racial attacks to continue unchallenged then please add your own voice to the choir and denounce this type of behaviour whenever you are confronted with it. I plan to.


Thanks for watching.

IA

No comments: