Thursday, July 08, 2010

Reflections on an inside out crazy world

Recently I tried to justify my feeling that all seriously religious folks were insane. I know there are a lot of folks who claim to *believe* and/or go to church regularly, but when pressed admit they do not KNOW whether god exists but they think he might, and they like the blanket of security that gives them, but those are NOT the people I think are insane.

No, the insane religious folks in my opinion are the ones who claim to KNOW god exists. The ones who put words into his non existent mouth or thoughts into his non existent head ... you know the ones who claim to know what god thinks and speak for him in his absence. It's funny how often those thoughts and words mirror their own beliefs.

How is it they can be so sure they KNOW what god thinks and what he wants .... I'll give you three guesses ... no ... make that one, and if you don't get it right go to the BACK of the line. This blog is for people who HAVE a brain and know how to use it.

I say it's because they are seriously deranged, and I do not care if they are good people or bad people, I don't care if they are charitable or not, or whether they help the needy or not. I don't even care if they are NICE. They probably are ... but they are also so deluded that in my opinion every other thought or opinion they have is irrelevant to me because they do not have the reasoning power to separate fact from fiction, truth from non truth. Their judgement is so seriously impaired that it grieves me to see ANYONE of religious faith in ANY position of power.

I long for a world where the extremely religious are NOT perceived as either logical or rational in any sense of the word ... cause ... well ... they AREN'T. A world where those crazies are not awarded ANY credibility on important issues of the day by the more rational general population .... you know .... the same way atheists are treated now.

I know, I know ... it's not going to happen, but it sure would be nice if it did.

No comments: