Sunday, September 06, 2009

Liberal without a Party

It appears we Canadians may be facing a new federal election soon courtesy of the Liberal Party. I am a liberal ... that's (l)iberal not (L)iberal. The Liberal Party no longer speaks for me. Who the hell chose Michael Ignatieff to lead them? Oh right....

I cannot fathom why the Liberal Party continues to choose unpopular leadership and then expect Canadians to rally behind them. Stephane Dion? Are you SERIOUS? Paul Martin? Absolutely blinded by his power I guess? Michael Ignatieff? Who the heck is HE? I guess they know who he is but I don't ... why should I support him ... what does he stand for? I watched his speech announcing that he no longer has *confidence* in the Conservative government ... well neither do I .. except I never did. The thing is Mike .... can I call you Mike? I don't have any confidence in YOU either. I have not heard much about you but what I have heard isn't good, and what I saw was even worse. You appeared WAY to calculating and insincere for my liking. The words you spoke were not uplifting. Not inspiring. Not believable. Your message did not explain to me what the liberal party was FOR but more what it was AGAINST ...(being out of power, conservatives suck etc)

Call me jaded. I just have the strongest suspicion that you are just another politician out for your own ends. Power, greed and the game of politics is your thing, NOT standing up for the ideals of true liberals in this country. I mourn for what we have lost in Canada. Our moral compass is broken and I am afraid you, even if elected, and that's a long shot, cannot or will not mend it.

We can do better? Yes we can ... but I doubt we can with you.

BTW did you miss Canada after you left in 1978? I was 20 then ... Now I am 51. That's a LONG time to live outside the country. A lot went on here while you were gone. When you returned in 2005 was it just so you could sew another feather in your cap by becoming prime minister? I guess you thought the Liberal Party gave you a better chance than the Conservative Party. From what I hear you could have gone either way. How much did the sad shadow of it's former self, The Liberal Party, pay you? Sad, really sad ... and the saddest thing about this whole clusterfuck is that now the conservatives might actually get a majority. That REALLY sucks! Thanks for nothing Mike ... and as for the Liberal Party ... you guys need to get out more.

IA ** a liberal with nowhere to go **

No comments: